Friday, January 23, 2009

Is it February yet?!?

I *really* am starting to think that I have jinxed myself. Not only has there been another loss around work, but our other dog is now ill AND my husband had his car ear-ended! IS it February yet....SERIOUSLY?!?!

Ok, so as far as the other loss at work goes, one of the girls that I work with lost her husband last weekend. He was only 53 years old and he died of a heart attack. This incredibly strong woman who has gone through something that I cannot even begin to think about has to walk a long and lonely path. I know that she will get through it with *most* of her sanity intact as she has shown incredible strength and courage this past week.

Duke, our older dog, has just recently shown us that he has epilepsy. I woke up to my hubby screaming for me and I ran into the kitchen to see Duke having a grand mal seizure. This was a first for us after I collected myself (read stopped hyperventilating) and called the vet's we bought him in to have a look over and have some blood drawn. Because we are quite confident that this is his first one, there is no need for any drugs yet; a blessing as these drugs apparently destroy the liver.

We got the results back and some of his levels came back weird, but the vet is not sure if they are abnormal because it was taken so closely after the seizure. We did find out that because he is mixed with 2 dominant breeds for seizures, they will always be grand mal seizures. The worst news of this whole thing is that she warned us that he just might not come out of one someday. So, we sit with "optimistic hope" that this may just be his one and only of his lifetime. Hey, we have to pretend that we live a perfect life, don't we?!?

And the most recent "incident" of the GREAT JANUARY of 2009 is the fact that my hubby got rear ended in his car ~ the only saving grace in that mess is that it wasn't his fault!!!!!!! HAHA!

Ok, 8 more days to go.........are you there, February?!?

PS ~ My diet is doing well and I have lost close to 10 pounds!

No comments: